Alternative Open Enrollment is Available Now!
(for Students Residing Outside of the Wauwatosa School District)
Wisconsin students who reside outside of the Wauwatosa School District can apply to WVA for the 2019-20 school year now. Read the checklist below to see if you qualify.
Enroll Now! Follow the steps below to enroll for the 2019-20 school year!
Step 1: Download and complete the Alternative Open Enrollment form.
Step 2: Have the student write a short letter telling us why enrollment with WVA is desired and why they feel virtual school is the best option at this time.
Step 3: Obtain a copy of current transcript/report card and attendance record from previous school.
Step 4: Submit all of the above documents via fax, email or mail.
Email to Shari Weinstock at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mail to: 7500 Milwaukee Ave, Wauwatosa, WI 53213
For questions, call Shari Weinstock at 414-773-3400.
If you reside within the Wauwatosa school district or attend a Wauwatosa School District school, please contact Principal Dean Heus at email@example.com to learn more about our enrollment options.
In order to apply for Alternative Open Enrollment, you must qualify for one or more of the following exceptions:
- The student’s resident school district determines that the student is a victim of a violent crime.
- The student is or has been homeless in the current or preceding school year.
- The student has been the victim of repeated bullying or harassment that has been reported to the resident school district and continues in spite of action taken.
- The student’s place of residence has changed due to the parent’s military orders.
- The student moved into this state within the past 30 days.
- The student’s place of residence has changed as a result of a court order or custody agreement, or the pupil was placed in a foster home or with a person other than the student’s parent, or removed from a foster home or the home of a person other than the student’s parent.
The student’s parent and the nonresident and resident school districts agree that attending the nonresident school district is in the best interest of the student.
For more information about the Alternative Open Enrollment Application procedure or for the application itself, please visit Wisconsin DPI’s website.
If you feel you meet the criteria for at least one of the exceptions listed in the qualification checklist, please complete and submit the Alternative Open Enrollment Application. Please note that the application approval process can take up to three weeks after we receive the application.