Alternative Open Enrollment is now available!
(for Students Residing Outside of the Wauwatosa School District)
Wisconsin students who reside outside of the Wauwatosa School District can apply to WVA for the 2018-19 school year. Read the checklist below to see if you qualify.
In order to apply for Alternative Open Enrollment, you must qualify for one or more of the following exceptions:
- The student’s resident school district determines that the student is a victim of a violent crime.
- The student is or has been homeless in the current or preceding school year.
- The student has been the victim of repeated bullying or harassment that has been reported to the resident school district and continues in spite of action taken.
- The student’s place of residence has changed due to the parent’s military orders.
- The student moved into this state within the past 30 days.
- The student’s place of residence has changed as a result of a court order or custody agreement, or the pupil was placed in a foster home or with a person other than the student’s parent, or removed from a foster home or the home of a person other than the student’s parent.
- The student’s parent and the nonresident and resident school districts agree that attending the nonresident school district is in the best interests of the student.
For more information about the Alternative Open Enrollment Application procedure or for the application itself, please visit Wisconsin DPI’s website.
If you feel you meet the criteria for at least one of the exceptions listed in the qualification checklist, please complete and submit the Alternative Open Enrollment Application. Please note that the application approval process can take up to three weeks after we receive the application.
New student applications should be submitted by mail or fax to:
Wauwatosa School District
Attn: Student Services
12121 W. North Ave.
Wauwatosa, WI 53226